Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Les Paul Studio '50s Tribute T 2016 Or Gibson Les Paul Studio

Eiko1

Hi, i was looking for a brand new Gibson Les paul studio for me and while i was making a research about it i found a model called Studio '50s Tribute T 2016  and i really dont know what's the diffrences between these models, which one should i get?

The Tributes are cheaper. From what I can see both guitars (if the Studio is the current model) come with 490 / 496 humbuckers, but the Studio apparently comes with "ultra modern" weight relief, which would make it more weight-relieved than the Tribute which I believe has 9-hole weight relief. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I've never played one that was chambered (ultra-modern weight relief), so I don't really know what they're like. Personally I would hold out for a Standard.

Mostly Studios have a more shiny finish than the Trubites which have what is called a worn or faded finish. 

The guitars themselves are much the same. So if you dont mind a non shiny finish the Tribute is a good choice.

Always the best advice is to go and try them both and see which one feels and or sounds better to you and go with that regardless of looks as thats way more important.

I have a 2011 60s Tribute Studio which I love as much as my Standard or Classic..  Goldtop is a great finish to go for if you can find one.  This is mine, its light and very fun to play.

UKZgPMl.jpg