Gibson Brands Forums

would you replace a standards TRC?

Thundergod

Hi, just that, would you replace the TRC in a standard for the one that has "standard" written on it? Mine is a faded and came with a blank TRC (black, nothing written on it). Im not sure if all standards come like this or some come with the "STANDARD" TRC.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

They did have "Standard" on the TRC for years, but I believe that recently they've removed it so they can put the stickers that identify each guitar as having a 50's or 60's profile neck. That's how my faded came. I personally would like to replace the TRC but I've only found them on ebay as MF and GC only sell the one's that say, "les paul custom" on them or personalized ones.

Very good point Tim A... i dont want my paul to look epi! hahaha i didnt even think about that, 1000 thanks for pointing it out

And yes OKlunchbox, i havent been able to ifnd them in mf or gc, i saw one in MF but it was just the pic, what they were selling was blanks and customs (please could you explain me your nickname? i find it funny but maybe im not supposed to?).

please could you explain me your nickname? i find it funny but maybe im not supposed to?

I was in a punk band in high school in the late 90's with some friends and we couldn't think of a name. We really liked the movie "Mallrats" and there's a point in the movie where Jay turns to Silent Bob and says, "Ok lunchbox here's the plan". We though Ok Lunchbox would be a cool band name. We never used it but I've started using it as a s/n places. Just something goofy.

Archived