Gibson Brands Forums

Locating a case for a Johnny A guitar?

Sunburst 55

The Gibson Johnny A is a fantastic guitar.  It's hard to fathom how a guitar like this and it's case could be separated.  The cases were made by TKL. The earlier cases had the green lining and faux alligator covering and were a product of the TKL USA Custom shop. The later models were more of a standard TKL Canada Gibson case. I would guess these are a unique size but TKL should be able to steer you in the correct direction. I have a 2007 Johnny A Signature and it came with the earlier faux alligator case. Either way your will have a great guitar. Good luck with your search and let us know what you find out.

Thanks John

Edited by powerwagonjohn

I had a 2003 Johnny A Custom from the first production run S/N JA 024 which also had the alligator case. I agree that the size is unique and no case for another guitar would be likely to work. I have a CS-336 which almost but not quite fit in a Les Paul case but won't due to the double cut. The Johnny A with the double Florentine cutaways and longer neck is a bit bigger still.