Gibson Brands Forums

Fake? Jimmy Page Doubleneck Signature Model on eBay FAKE?

jpageturn

I was just checking out eBay and did a search for Jimmy Page guitars and I noticed an ad for one of the 25 signed Jimmy Page Doublenecks. The picture of the back of the headstocks showed one headstock had a signature and the other headstock had only a number on it. I came to the Gibson site and searched the products section and the picture on the Gibson site of the back of the headstocks shows a signature on both headstocks. Is the one on eBay a fake? The Item number is 300207411746.

wow over 50 views and no answer... It's seems like this would be something admin would know off the top of their head... maybe it's just another case of the guitar not being delivered as advertised in the photos?? Again does anyone including admin know if the 25 Jimmy Page signature doublenecks came with signatures on the back of both headstocks as shown in the photos on gibson.com or did they come with one signature and a hand written number on the back of the other like the example on ebay? Thanks in advance for any answer:-s

• 3 years later...

Was it number 12 for 59,000 bucks buy it now? I dunno, it looked ok to me, personally I'd buy a Hum Vee first, IF I had the money.

I have one of the 250 that were made, #054... When these guitars came out I just had to have one but they were too expensive. As luck would have it I was able to find a new one on ebay and pain $1000 less than what Guitar Center was selling them for. One top of that I paid for it in euros, as I live in Spain, so I saved an addition 40%... [biggrin] Mine isn't signed or aged but that's fine with me. I do think this guitar will go way up in value as the years go by but I hope I never sell it.

DSC01834.jpg

DSC01838.jpg

DSC01840.jpg

Archived