Gibson Brands Forums

1996 Southern Jumbo to sell, Where do I go?

I have an amazing guitar that I haven't touched in eight years due to arthritis. Thinking of moving it along. Can anyone direct me to a good place to offer it for sale? It's a 1996 banner SJ, one of 3 made that year. One was  Sheryl Crowe's main touring guitar in '96-'97, plus this one, don't know where the third one is.

20 minutes ago, Dave F said:

I’ve consigned with Elderly’s. It went well. Fees are higher than eBay and Reverb, but results are better and faster. 

Elderly is great too. My Pisgah banjo came from them, but it was “new.” (A 2017 that got lost in the back room 🙂)   And regarding dealing with places like Elderly and Carter being  faster, chuckle,  I was talking with the Carter guy about the DIF within hours of it being listed, and it was paid for and shipped out that day.  Same thing with my Banjo, I hear (Christmas present) It went up, it went out the door.  

Edited by PrairieDog

You can also post it on the Acoustic Guitar Forum classifieds, although I think you need to make a donation first.  Also, while wonky, CL and FB Marketplace are both worth trying, no fees and in person sales.  Pics and price?  You just might find an interested buyer here.