Gibson Brands Forums

Acoustic Firebird information

Looking for information regarding my recently purchase for a 2009 Firebird. I would like to know when they were first introduced, and the number made each year they were produced. 

I bought one used in 2004 so I'm thinking they started production in 2002 or 2003? I remember first getting to see and play one in 2003 on a Gibson touring truck and then going on the hunt for a used one I could afford. From what I recall - this was a Ren Ferguson "project" and was never really was meant to be a mainstream model that was mass produced. You might find more info calling Gibson, but just based off my recollection production was very limited (50 or so) and I don't believe they produced them every year. One thing I notice is the early ones had a brown tortoise guard and that changed to a reddish color some point in later 2000's... other than that the specs have remained unchanged.

On 4/1/2024 at 10:37 PM, Rich H. said:

Looking for information regarding my recently purchase for a 2009 Firebird. I would like to know when they were first introduced, and the number made each year they were produced. 

It's one mighty guitar - almost too grande. The 2010 F-bird here has gone down to 11's and handles that well. I can't help you with exact info, but groovadelic is right

6 hours ago, groovadelic said:

You might find more info calling Gibson, 

Could be good to know. Are you familiar with the Montana-fire story, , , or myth. About the model bein' inspired by a forest-fire near the Bozeman plant ?!

6 hours ago, groovadelic said:

One thing I notice is the early ones had a brown tortoise guard and that changed to a reddish color some point in later 2000's... other than that the specs have remained unchanged.

The green flame decoration seems to remain the same, but the tuners were both silver and gold over the years. Always metal tulips though.

And then let's not forget the True Vintage orange-brown version. They are rare. . . 

This giant is more autumn burst ~ 55dd7d389ee0cfbfca887543eba76642.jpg

• Like 1

To be honest. It is a nice looking guitar. Something different but has a good look to it.     

If I was on the hunt for another acoustic. I would consider one of these. 

• 3 weeks later...