Gibson Brands Forums

Does CinchFit work on J-45 endpin

It's too much of a chore to get my strap on the endpin. I'd like to get the CinchFit. Will this item work for my J-45? They offer two sizes one for Fishman/Switch craft and one for Taylor. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

The oversized button on acoustic output jacks has always been a pain.  That CinchFit gadget looks like it would work but appears to put some hard plastic/nylon in contact with the guitar finish.............maybe an issue for you, maybe not.  Another solution is to open up the hole on a strap to fit the jack...........and now that strap is only useful on oversized jacks.  Tapastring makes a normal size endpin jack that accepts a regular size strap hole but it uses 1/8" male cables (instead of the usual 1/4", but they offer an adapter as well) and fits a normal endpin tapered bore in the end block..

Best option for me was to oversize the strap hole and dedicate that strap to that instrument.

I ruined a good strap trying to make the hole bigger for the Acoustic Output posing as an endpin.  Problem is the output jack is a different shape - at least the ones I've got.  Shaped like a straight sided can, with a narrow slot around the circumference - that is too narrow for leather to fit into.  An actual endpin has a generous curve with a bulbous top end so leather of all size thicknesses will stay put.   I've never tried a strap lock,  mostly because I'm naturally suspicious of the description.  I found paracord fits perfectly in the slot on the metal jack, so tie it on with a  hangman's noose type knot and tie the bitter end to the hole in the leather tab at the end of the strap. Never had an issue.