Gibson Brands Forums

H A I R ~ Cowsills version

>  S U M M E  G A M <   

Just wonder if the acoustic heard here could be the Dove below. 

0YZJsKO.jpg

Edited by E-minor7
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, PrairieDog said:

The image isn’t showing up, but thanks for the forgotten flashback! 😁

Yes - good fun, , , , , I remember 3 youngsters jumping around in a mountain of eiderdowns to this one.

It was in the parents living room before they returned from work. . 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, E-minor7 said:

Yes - good fun, , , , , I remember 3 youngsters jumping around in a mountain of eiderdowns to this one.

It was in the parents living room before they returned from work. . 

Wait!! have we met before? …😄

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, E-minor7 said:

>  S U M M E  G A M <   

Just wonder if the acoustic heard here could be the Dove below.                                                                                                                                               

That is bizarre. But I remember the era. The fact that your questioning of whether the acoustic heard could be the Dove in the clip is not unfounded- but back then- did they stress about things such as fresh strings?

8 minutes ago, 62burst said:

That is bizarre. But I remember the era. The fact that your questioning of whether the acoustic heard could be the Dove in the clip is not unfounded- but back then- did they stress about things such as fresh strings?

I think there could be traces of the Tune-O-Matic saddle in the sound.

Far more talent than I’ll ever have, but I always thought they were kind of silly.  Kind of like The Partridge Family.  I certainly can’t knock their success, but I was more into The Stones singing about Brown Sugar, Honky Tonk Women, and Cash singing about shooting “that bad ***** down.”

7 hours ago, Larsongs said:

And they’re still doing it!

They keep the flame a'blazing. 

1 hour ago, MissouriPicker said:

Far more talent than I’ll ever have, but I always thought they were kind of silly.  Kind of like The Partridge Family.  I certainly can’t knock their success, but I was more into The Stones singing about Brown Sugar, Honky Tonk Women, and Cash singing about shooting “that bad ***** down.”

Ouh yea, but there were so many facets in that phase. From Zappa to Donovan & Garfunkel - from starry starry night to starry eyed and laughing. . 

This song btw. is a cover from the Hair musical, not written by Cowsills themselves, , , ,

if I'm not too far off

18 minutes ago, E-minor7 said:

They keep the flame a'blazing. 

Ouh yea, but there were so many facets in that phase. From Zappa to Donovan & Garfunkel - from starry starry night to starry eyed and laughing. . 

This song btw. is a cover from the Hair musical, not written by Cowsills themselves, , , ,

if I'm not too far off

Yep, Hair the musical.  That was one reason the Cowsills covering it was so  ironic.  It was an attempt to sorta give them a wry “edge.”  And there was a lot of chatter the Partridge Family happened because the Cowsills themselves turned down the chance at the tv show.  

Edited by PrairieDog

10 hours ago, PrairieDog said:

Yep, Hair the musical.  That was one reason the Cowsills covering it was so  ironic.  It was an attempt to sorta give them a wry “edge.”  And there was a lot of chatter the Partridge Family happened because the Cowsills themselves turned down the chance at the tv show.  

Thx ^ ol' time history'n'anecdotes are always welcome

• Haha 1

It’s been said their Dad knew how to pick Hit Songs. Most of which the Kids didn’t like or want to Record. Although those Songs have allowed those kids to work ever since. 

• Like 1