Gibson Brands Forums

Crows...

daveinspain

The crow wasn't trained.... It figured it out!! It was trying to get the food in the little bucket with the straight piece of wire at first and when that didn't work it thought to bend the wire and make a hook...

:-s

For centuries the corvids, ravens and crows in particular (corvus corax is the Latin name for the common raven and corvus corone for the carrion and hooded crows), have had a special place in the mythology of various cultures. In modern times this fascination has barely diminished. From Edgar Allen Poe's literary classic to the film of James O'Barr's cult graphic novel "The Crow", these birds still exert a powerful hold over the psyche of a significant fraction of the population. The Goths who paint their faces with white make-up and the weekend warriors who expect Raven to take them to the Otherworld to meet the dead do not see the same animal as the farmers who set up decoys in order to shoot large numbers of them every year in late spring. This is, however, typical of a creature that presents a paradox wherever one looks.

to read rest click the link below.

P.s Im not a nut job! I took a simple photo of a crow silouetted against a stormy sky and sold loads of copies of it.

I didn't know why so looked up reasons and came back with this.

http://ravenfamily.org/nascakiyetl/obs/rav1.html

I saw a crow flying over my street with a bigass gopher in its beak this week.

Had to have been just sitting around waiting for the gopher to come out of its hole.

He had it by the scruff of its neck and was laboring to fly.

Must have made for a great dinner.

Archived