Gibson Brands Forums

LG-0 on ebay

Aitch

I've only been playing short of a year and only purchased one guitar. I've got a weakness for the Martin 000-15(s) and I've just run across this LG-0 on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Gibson-LG-0-1970s-Acoustic-Guitar_W0QQitemZ350199032234QQihZ022QQcategoryZ33025QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I've emailed the seller about the condition of the neck and frets, but I don't expect to hear back since it's the weekend. Can anyone offer me some advice as far as max you would offer for this guitar, expectations of condition for its age, etc.

[edit] were all LG-O's built with a mahogany top?

Thanks a bunch.

My best friend's parents bought him an LG-0 in the 60's. I thought it was rather unremarkable as far as sound goes. They were basically the bottom rung of the ladder as far as cost also. I don't think I'd buy one, just my opinion.

The LG-0 was a entry level Gibson. They were ladder braced guitars with mahogany tops.

The 1970s is also not exactly what I would call Gibson's Golden Era.

This would probably be a great "beach" guitar. If you have your mind set on a small body Gibson, ya might consider saving up a bit more and looking for an X braced LG-2 or something.

If ya want to see what LG-0s are selling for do a completed auction search on eBay or see what dealers are asking (consider this the top dollar price).

Archived