Gibson Brands Forums

Gas Or Charcoal?

Murph

Glad you made a decision and got what you wanted.

Enjoy those summer barbecues.

Pictures.

Come on Murph' date=' it isn't rocket science to post a couple photographs on line.[/quote']

No, but it is time consuming, and then IDIOTS see more than I want.

My avatar is the only picture you'll see me post in this forum.

If you see that rig, in a bar, in the Heartland......

It MIGHT be me.....

:-

We have real nice deer here in Illinois' date=' Roger. Nothing like backstraps slathered in sauce.

If my daughter doesn't hurry home I'm gonna starve to death. My wife's asleep, works midnights, and I can't leave till she gets here...

I gigged last night, and am fasting, I guess...

[/quote']

I had backstrap tonight, yummy.

I have a Weber gas and a Weber charcoal grill.

I had backstrap tonight' date=' yummy.

I have a Weber gas and a Weber charcoal grill.[/quote']

I have a double whammy. I own 30 acres of deep woods, just a few miles from my house. I built a hunting cabin there with a 100 year old wood burning cookstove. I deer hunt with guns, but don't bowhunt.

I have two guys that come up from down South, and bow hunt it a few times a year, and I get all their backstraps too.

And, if they have a good hunt, they give me Coronas.

Backstraps and Coronas.......

I'm a lucky man............

I have a double whammy. I own 30 acres of deep woods' date=' just a few miles from my house. I built a hunting cabin there with a 100 year old wood burning cookstove. I deer hunt with guns, but don't bowhunt.

I have two guys that come up from down South, and bow hunt it a few times a year, and I get all their backstraps too.

And, if they have a good hunt, they give me Coronas.

Backstraps and Coronas.......

I'm a lucky man............[/quote']

Trust me, a man from the south, it is debatable who's the luckier, you or them. I used to gun hunt but only bow hunt for the last few years. I made a trip out to Iowa last year, I can't wait to get drawed again in a couple of more years.

I would prefer a good bourbon with mine though! Then a good Cuban!

Trust me' date=' a man from the south, it is debatable who's the luckier, you or them. I used to gun hunt but only bow hunt for the last few years. I made a trip out to Iowa last year, I can't wait to get drawed again in a couple of more years.

I would prefer a good bourbon with mine though! Then a good Cuban![/quote']

I know, I lived in Louisiana for 10/12 years. The deer in Illinois trump anything I've ever seen, in fact I think the record is still from here. Corn feed monsters.

Best to ya.

Murph.

Go with both. I found some cheap charcoal grills at lowes last weekend for 35 bucks, i also have gas grill. If you have the time go with the charcoal, it gives you an excuse to get a few extra beers in while the coals get white. If you are super particular about how your steaks are done go with gas. Using a gas grill is kinda like using a gas rangetop, you can control the heat much better than on an electric. Charcoal, you kinda have to build in a cool spot when spreading them out, so you dont crispy your meat.....i tend to get sidetracked easily.

Archived