Gibson Brands Forums

Good price on a used J-45 TV

Jayla

Hope I'm not breaking any forum rules by posting this, but I was sniffing around yesterday, and came across a used J-45 TV at what seemed a good price. You can check it out here. Just scroll down til you get to the description. There are pics too.

I'm not affiliated with the dealer or seller (the guit's on consignment) and unfortunately won't be getting a kickback if some one from the forum buys the guitar. :) Given the general feeling around here for J-45s, I thought somebody might want to know about it.

There's also a good looking Firebird for sale there as well...

The site says the guitar is 2002 - were there TVs in 2002? IIRC' date=' no.[/quote']

That's a good question. I honestly don't know the answer. The dealer is a reputable one, I'm sure a query would set the matter to rest one way or the other.

If it were a standard issue J-45, I agree geelinus, it's a whole lot less interesting.

What struck me was the combo: TV, good condition, >2k.

Somewhat OT' date=' but that Firebird Custom is na-ha-ha-ha-niiiice.

I'm very sorry you showed me that.[/quote']

I'm not.

If you buy it, maybe you'll invite me over to play it since I pointed it out to you...

=P~

I'm not.

If you buy it' date=' maybe you'll invite me over to play it since I pointed it out to you...

=; [/quote']

Yes, and you can help me explain to my wife why I need 7 Gibsons. If you have any good ideas/scams, I'm all ears...:-)

TV' date=' good condition, >2k.[/quote']

It's in a TV case, so it's very likely a TV -- and hence not a 2002. Probably just a misread or misdecoded serial number, or a simple typo.

-- Bob R

Archived