Gibson Brands Forums

FIREBIRDlll WITH 3 P-90's........BEAUTIFULL!!!!

James St. James

HEY GUYS ,

I recently re-joined after coming back from a 3 year illness and am very excited about getting back into action.

I recently picked up a 66 FIREBIDlll with 3 P-90's and LYRE MAESTRO in TV WHITE....It was CUSTOM MADE AX and a ONE OWNER and ALL ORIGINAL..being an owner of more than 35 GIBSON:S and most with P-90's this FIREBIRD has breathed NEW LIFE into my writing style....

Being BLUES PLAYEr it has brought me back to my roots and has inspired me to write many new tunes and to take advantage of the FIREBIRD to play SLIDE with......

I never realized how much I missed this ax since i my first was stolen at CBGB"S back in 76 while playing with THE RAMONES on night........

I have recently re-signed with ALLIGATOR RECORDS AGAIN and looking fwd to having 2 tunes on there 40th anniversary cd set coming out soon.,along with my own cd due out in feb 2010.

One song I have re-done s an old DELBERT MCLINTON SONG titled I have DREAMS TO REMEMBER....wihtout saying to much prior to ALLIGATOR RELEASING THE NEWS of the bands line up all I can say now is I am SO HAPPY that a few of my NYC friends lived through the PUNK ERA and stayed true to there BLUES ROOTS......soon you'llbe hearing from so OLDER PUNKS who SWORE We were never PUNKS to begin with just ANGRY BLUESPLAYERS......lol

I hope to post some links soon to get som feedback.....after 20 years with NO CD releases I am thrilled just to be back in a studio.....having my FIREBIRD and 66 SG SPECIAL with me I am sure between those two and myES 330 should make for some TASTEY BLUES.

BTW IT IS MY PLEASURE TO MEET YOU GUYS AND I HOPE SOON WE WILL KNOW EACH OTHER AS FRIENDS

James St James

Archived