Gibson Brands Forums

FM Transmitters

Bowdiddley

They'll probably work better where the FM airwaves are sparse. I suspect the Yukon may fall into that catagory. Other than that I like the kind that can scan for open frequencies.

Yukon, SUV,......not Canada

They'll probably work better where the FM airwaves are sparse. I suspect the Yukon may fall into that catagory. Other than that I like the kind that can scan for open frequencies.

The one I'm looking at does the scanning for open freq's.

you'll have better sound if you have a deck with an aux input jack or one that docks to the iPod. Transmitters are hit and miss

No doubt that those types would work better but I'm trying to not buy a new stereo. I'm thinking that since my XM radio uses a FM Transmitter and works well in this area one for the IPOD should also.

I have a Belkin FM transmitter, works great with my iPod and I am in the Chicago area. It'll scan for an open frequency and store it for you. The only problem I can see is if you travel distances where the FM frequency may be used elsewhere.

Other than that they work good in my exeperience

I had a DLO transmitter with my old iPod and I always got a clear signal. I have a Belkin with my newer Nano and I can't get a clear signal anywhere. Same with my fiancee. They must have a weaker signal now. I'm in the NYC suburbs, so there's a lot of interference and I guess the newer transmitters can't cut through it all.

Archived