Gibson Brands Forums

Feng Shui - Wealth, harmony and love...

NeoConMan

Applying the techniques of Feng Shui, the ancient Chinese system of aesthetics, to broken and neglected things in your home and office can help you make a better investment in your financial future, according to Certified Feng Shui Practitioner Carol M. Olmstead.

Feng Shui is the art and science of placing things to help you attract what you want into your life, especially wealth, harmony and love.

"If you ignore things that need to be repaired, replaced or removed, you set an intention of poverty rather than prosperity," she said. "Although most people would rather buy a new flat screen TV than fix a toilet, in the long run it's a better investment in your financial future when you spend money on the less glamorous stuff."

Here are Olmstead's top 10 Feng Shui fast fixes to attract wealth:

1. Clean your front door. The front door is where all good energy enters your home. A clean door attracts prosperity while a dirty or faded door repels it.

2. Replace burned-out light bulbs. If your rooms are dark, so is your financial future. Replace burned-out bulbs and brighten your possibilities to attract wealth.

3. Clean your windows. Windows are the eyes of your home. Dirty windows cloud vision. Clean windows represent a clear view of the opportunities.

4. Remove dead plants. Dead plants symbolize dead energy. Replace them with healthy living plants to grow wealth in your life.

5. Replace your desk chair. If you sit on a broken, stained or torn desk chair, it represents disregard for your work. Get a new chair and improve your career outlook.

6. Repair broken mirrors. If you look at a broken mirror, you can't see things smoothly. Remove or replace it to reflect a smooth road to prosperity.

7. Keep the toilet lid down. If your toilet lids are open, you are symbolically flushing your finances away. Keep lids down and keep your wealth.

8. Fix drips and leaks. Leaking water represents leaking wealth. Stop the leak, especially in the kitchen, and you will stop the drain of your abundance.

9. Tighten loose door knobs and handles. If your handles are loose, you cannot get a grip on your money. Tighten them and wealth will be within your grasp.

10. Clean your stove. Food is related to wealth, so clean your stove frequently and immediately fix any nonworking burners.

Guitar Slinger, you are dead on.

Complete and utter Bovine Excrement.

This came out in a company newsletter, they are always putting oddball stuff in there for kicks.

It's a big corporation, they know there's always somebody who will run with it....

Oh, I LOVE the Don Martin avatar!

It's a fine line....

:-)

Nah, most of it is displayed as humor or offbeat interests to relieve the mind-numbing data reading we do.

They do have some propaganda tendencies at times, but it's in-house and facility related.

Applying the techniques of Feng Shui' date=' the ancient Chinese system of aesthetics, to broken and neglected things in your home and office can help you make a better investment in your financial future, according to Certified Feng Shui Practitioner Carol M. Olmstead.

Feng Shui is the art and science of placing things to help you attract what you want into your life, especially wealth, harmony and love.

"If you ignore things that need to be repaired, replaced or removed, you set an intention of poverty rather than prosperity," she said. "Although most people would rather buy a new flat screen TV than fix a toilet, in the long run it's a better investment in your financial future when you spend money on the less glamorous stuff."

Here are Olmstead's top 10 Feng Shui fast fixes to attract wealth:

[b']1.[/b] Clean your front door. The front door is where all good energy enters your home. A clean door attracts prosperity while a dirty or faded door repels it.

What if I don't use my front door? I and my visitors always use our side door.. dunno why.

2. Replace burned-out light bulbs. If your rooms are dark' date=' so is your financial future. Replace burned-out bulbs and brighten your possibilities to attract wealth.[/quote']

My electric bills are high enough. Besides, darkened rooms are romantical. :-$/

3. Clean your windows. Windows are the eyes of your home. Dirty windows cloud vision. Clean windows represent a clear view of the opportunities.

What? and let the neighbors see in? I told you dark is romantical. +:-@

4. Remove dead plants. Dead plants symbolize dead energy. Replace them with healthy living plants to grow wealth in your life.

Plants?

5. Replace your desk chair. If you sit on a broken' date=' stained or torn desk chair, it represents disregard for your work. Get a new chair and improve your career outlook.[/quote']

You know how much them cost? The Boss'd never go for it.

6. Repair broken mirrors. If you look at a broken mirror' date=' you can't see things smoothly. Remove or replace it to reflect a smooth road to prosperity.[/quote']

Got no smart alec retort on this one.

7. Keep the toilet lid down. If your toilet lids are open' date=' you are symbolically flushing your finances away. Keep lids down and keep your wealth.[/quote']

Most times I'm in a hurry... I'm over 40 you know.

8. Fix drips and leaks. Leaking water represents leaking wealth. Stop the leak' date=' especially in the kitchen, and you will stop the drain of your abundance.[/quote']

Got those covered. Drippy faucets drive me nuts.

9. Tighten loose door knobs and handles. If your handles are loose' date=' you cannot get a grip on your money. Tighten them and wealth will be within your grasp.[/quote']

Dive me nuts too. My wife always hangs 'stuff' on them. That's what loosens them. Every time... let's not go there.

10. Clean your stove. Food is related to wealth' date=' so clean your stove frequently and immediately fix any nonworking burners.

[/quote']

That's what I have a wife for. [-(

Thanks. Found a cool Don Martin web site with lots o' pics

http://www.donmartinshrine.com/html/gallery1.htm

A company news letter? Seriously? Dang. Physco babble like this would make me very concerned about the sanity of the upper brass. Are they expecting all the emplyees to swollow this whole or something ?

I LOVE Don Martin art. Is he the one what coined the phrase "Flab-ba-dap" and "Ging-ging" The way most of his 'people's' shoes / toes bent down when they walk was just hillarious.!

Archived