Gibson Brands Forums

Testing a new registry approach - Feedback needed

MCK

Hi everyone. Now that we're about to get 100 new buddies each week I reckon the manual registry update approach will not go far.

I am toying with the idea of moving the registry to an online spreadsheet hosted by Google Docs. I created a simple form to enter the data and a view only link to view the overall registry. Can you please give it a go and see how it works for you? I moved existing data into it so don't worry about entering proper data etc. Just try it from a functionality perspective and let me know if you feel this is usable.

I noticed it takes upto 5 minutes for your data to appear after its entered through the form.

Please also let me know if you think other fields should be added to the registry. Regards

DarkFire Registry Entry Form

Click here to view the DarkFire Registry

Looks good' date=' MCK. Nice idea.[/quote']

Thanks for your feedback. Do you mind entering a bogus DF? I moved all current data into the file but would like to see if people can add their guitars directly from now on. Appreciate your help.

Why not add people who have ordered in another part, to know the approximate number of DF who found purchaser. And once we have received ( once europe have the antinuclear room....I'm joking of course), to make the changes on the registry. Maybe people who ordered and who are not registered on the forum will take place. Know the community would be something good, I think. And maybe I can help you MCK to "administer" the registry.

Actually - this is brilliant idea MCK!

Good work.

Now just Add list of global Gibson dealers names, locations, and names of customers who have already prepaid and are still awaiting their Dark Fire. - and add a column for Fedex Tracking Numbers ( ha!)

Now just Add list of global Gibson dealers names' date=' locations, and names of customers who have already prepaid and are still awaiting their Dark Fire. - and add a column for Fedex Tracking Numbers ( ha!)

[/quote']

lol-049.gif

thanks Steve for cheering me up on this rather depressing day!!

ok-wink.gif

Thanks for all the great feedback & ideas. I will make the transition. I will also add a tab to the spreadsheet for the pending orders to be delivered.

RS, I think we can keep past ownership data if past owners do not specifically ask to be removed. I will add a tab for this too.

Spindrift, thanks for your help to administer. PM me a gmail account and I will add you to the list of people who can edit.

Anyone out there with google maps mashup knowledge? It occurred to me that we could present the DF owners on a world map based on where their units were bought. Might get around to doing this at some point but if someone already knows how to do it all the better.

Edit - Past & Future owners lists added.

MCK: Very nice job!

As to keeping a history; because I am easily confused, I was only asking a question for my own clarity because I saw on the old list a serial number listed more than once and I also saw when a guitar purchaser who registered went and got rid of the guitar.

I am amazed (and very grateful) to anyone who actually has time to devote to such tasks. This is because I, myself, have very little time -- a very precious thing. :)

Hi RS, I think it was a good idea so its implemented. Lets see how much use it gets. As for the time, we're all in the same boat. This was an investment on my part since now I will get to spend less time managing the registry!!! #-o/

Keep well .

Hi MCK,

It's been fun here for sure. And yes I might be tempted again, maybe a new forthcoming one, blue or black or something, once the batch of 2000 is gone. In fact I might even get to test one of the 2000 when these arrive in Switzerland. For now I am using a vintage Steinberger GL2 tuned in "C".

Arigatô gozaimasita

Archived