Gibson Brands Forums

On women, what do you prefer?

heymisterk

.... One bad thing about this post?

I wonder how I'd feel about it were I female. I've actually got quite a few ladies whom I think are awfully nice people whether they're "girlfriends" or not.

But even those female friends for whom I have no interest that might not go over that well with my wife - who's also a good friend - all are caring' date=' bright and strong people who deserve better than some of the "crap" in this thread.

Girls, for some of you guys, are people too and although there are some "needy" ones, just as there are some "needy" guys, they deserve to be treated as people as much as guys.

On this forum there are some girls. I'm embarrassed at some of the juvenile comments. At least stupid political arguments and nasty comments there are pretty generic.

Bad taste does float into political diatribes, but this one has had some comments that, as a guy who likes girls, I find in the same sort of bad taste as badmouthing someone's spouse whether you or they are male or female...

I like girls a lot. Always have. Once I got over the pre-adolescent 'girls give you leprosy,' I've found quite a few make far better friends than some guys. Some have had somewhat more benefits and modes of mutual enjoyment than others - but they're all people.

Just a thought, guys... but remember that guitars don't care whose fingers are making good music and PA systems don't care who's singing a good song.

And for those who say things in bad taste... consider too that the girls you know may be saying things about your personality that are in equally bad taste, but perhaps far more true.[/quote'] Anyones choice to avoid demeaning people in any sense is definetely respectable. I was probably one of the ones you considered an "insulter". To me, ugly is ugly, fat is fat etc etc. Its not a matter of insult, its just fact. Works both ways though. I believe that women think the same way pretty much. It is a shame that women are expected to constantly maintain such a high "beauty level" that men simply don't have to themselves. Thats bullcrap.

I do think a person should try to keep such opinions to themselves. 99% of them dont want to be fat, ugly etc. However I do think people have a responsibility to make an attempt at looking decent enough. If people want to think anything they want about me I have no problem with that. I cant even think of a time in recent memory that I have told someone they are ugly or fat. Thats how bratty kids act.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well....

Yes, we each are born differently... But I'll add that some reeeeally good musicians ain't all that pretty.

And it's surprising how many of us start out halfway - or better - pretty and ain't at some point some years later...

Just a thought for you... Hell, my wife was a bikini-clad model for a major tourism tabloid 35 years ago and likely would put a .38 slug between my eyes if I tried a similar shot of her nowadays - but that's also 3 hip replacements later.

Bottom line is that I think you'll find standards of beauty in your own mind will change rather significantly over the years.... In fact, I'll almost guarantee it. I'll almost guarantee that the long, lean and lanky girl as tall as you are and with legs up to her collar bones may outweigh you by 30 pounds in 30 years. But if you reeeeally get along, you'll discover she's just as pretty as when you met at 17...

m

Archived