Gibson Brands Forums

2 weeks to go - UK Event

albertjohn

A reminder to all UK members that our event at the Gibson showrooms in Rathbone St, London is on 9 June. PM me if you need more details

Thanks to all of you who have contacted me. I have a meeting tomorrow night to finalise a few minor details.

Please keep this one bumped for the next couple of weeks!

I wish I could be there!

My wife and I were watching tv the other night and they showed some scenes in the UK. I told her, "If I ever had the chance to go over there, I know a few guys that would probably put me up for a day. I suspect I'd have to break my 5-1/2 year non-drinking status though!"

I had meetings in London today and was walking past the showroom so popped in.

Everything is looking good for 9 June. We have sessions pencilled in from Robbie Gladwell, our very own Jinder and a man from Bose. We will also have plenty of time for an open mic session so if you are interested in having a go at this (no obligation) then now's the time to raise your hand.

Julian , the bloke from Gibson, will have a selection of guitars for us to look at (and possibly use).

Other than that, the time is ours for generally getting to know each other and putting names to faces.

I will post a more detailed running order nearer the time but I'm pleased to report that we will kick off and end in The Duke Of York, a couple of doors further on up the road !!

Apparently there may be a tube strike that day =D>

As for numbers, I reckon we have between 15-20 at the moment so can easily accomodate more. Just let me know.

KSD - drinking warm English beer is not at all compulsory. We have plenty of places where you can get a nice cup of tea. If you change your mind, you know where to find us!

And jt, please let me know if you will have some time during a day whilst in London. If I'm working there, I and maybe others, would like to meet up and buy you a beer - or equivalent. Denmark St is always worth a visit.

Archived