Gibson Brands Forums

HELP PLEASE

eeh1

I just received my 2008 Gibson TV VOS LIMITED EDITION. Beautiful Guiar.

Here is the story. I got it through Jeremy at Fullers and he was great. I picked up the guitar in Calais Maine, it was free shipping from Texas to Maine, Jeremy dicounted the guitar very nicely. Yhe guitar was shipped via UPS ground and arrived in about a week. I picked it up at Johnsons True Value in the gibson box. I noticed a tear and a small hole in the box and put my finger in to feel fo damage. i left the guitar in the box until I got home here to Canada, about 1 hour from Maine. I opened the box and found a crack in the beautiful brown case on the bottom of the case about an inch or 2 in a v shape. I said a little prayer and opened the case. I fearfully looked at the bottom of the guitar and there was no damage. YAHOO!!!! The V shaped crack did not penetrate the ping foam lining.

I emailed fuller.

What should I do?

You did the first thing correctly in notifying the seller immediately. Things happen during shipping. If he/she wants to replace everything because it's easier for them, then replace all (I believe it is the seller's responsibility to deal with the insurance issue with UPS) So again if you can work with the seller they will probably do whatever you want done. They could even order you another case.

If it were me I would inspect the guitar with a magnifying glass to insure it did not get a hairline crack or any damage. Even miniscule finish damage, even a scratch, will have me sending a guitar on it's way back to where it came.

Be sure to Take pictures.

I think most reputable seller's will go out of their way to insure your satisfaction. Here is my story..I bought a J45 two months ago new from a dealer here in Vegas. The guitar was fine but the case sucked....it was not the typical blue lined arch top guitar case. Gibson apparently now ships J45's with a black lined, dreadnaught flat top, case. I complained to Gibson...nada. The dealer complained to Gibson....nada, Gibson said that's what they ship with. The dealer, wanted me happy so he himself, located a brand new Gibson arch top, blue lined case, from a higher end model, and took the sub-standard case away. Now guess which place I will be shopping for a long time. Exactly. So seller's want you happy.

So work closely with the seller.

Let us know what happens and good luck.

think about it like this...the case is there to protect your guitar right?

and guess what it worked!

imagine what would have happened if that case wasnt there!

i dont want to imagine that...

if you were in the army and were wearing a helmet that stopped a bullet...would you return the helmet or consider it your good luck charm?

i would do the latter but to each his own!

i like the idea of the case already showing you that its up to the job!

and im guessing you wont be taking this guitar on safari...so i say just keep it and see if Jeremy can send you a free tuner or some strings or something else that you can use!

for all intensive purposes the case will work with or without a crack...so why not get other stuff you can use instead of sending back a bulky case?

thats just me...you can do whatever you'd like...if there was a fault in the guitar...thats a different story...you best believe id be on the phone talking to whomever i could get on the other line!

good luck!

if you were in the army and were wearing a helmet that stopped a bullet...would you return the helmet or consider it your good luck charm?

i would do the latter but to each his own!

i like the idea of the case already showing you that its up to the job!

I like that way of thinking mrnh.

In my younger days when I bought and sold a bunch of guitars, I would have been more concerned about it because one day if you sell it, the person buying it is not going to give a good G-D how the case got damaged, just use it as leverage to talk you down a hundred or two.

But if you bond with the guitar, see yourself keep it forever (I know, forever is a looooong time), just keep her the way she is.

Archived