Gibson Brands Forums

favorite blue grass music book?

billiards

Welcome to the forums! I play a bluegrass gig every Friday night. The house band at a local bluegrass establishment. Instead of a book, I get new material from other bands that come through, as well as listening to songs from other musicians. The venue draws bands from around the state and well-traveled musicians. With that said, there is some really great bluegrass music being recorded nowadays! A simple search on the internet will supply you with untold amounts of new material! What I've had great fun in doing is taking some of the classic rock tunes I grew up playing, and twist them into bluegrass versions! ( Turn The Page- Bob Seger, Cover Of The Rolling Stones- Dr. Hook; for example). Although bluegrass is not my first love, I must admit that it is by far the "most-jammingest" and fun to play! Hours will go by before you know it! Keep on pickin'!!!

Billiards,

Welcome to the forum.

I was looking on Ebay for Bluegrass books last night and found the below.

http://instruments.shop.ebay.com/items/?_nkw=bluegrass&_sacat=41779&_trksid=p3286.m270.l1313&_odkw=&_osacat=41779

I play every 2nd weekend at an open mike and always looking for new songs. Find Youtube an excellent source of music for any style and most times you can see either the original artist or many people doing a cover.

Again welcome

Fred

Archived