Gibson Brands Forums

Burstbucker Pro's vs. Burstbucker Pro Classic's

SilverLesterStd

I recently bought an '07 Limited Edition LP Silverburst Standard from Guitar Center. Since I have wanted a LP Std. or Custom since 1976 or so, (yes, I'm somewhat of a fossil) I have tried out several in the last couple of years. I almost bought a beautiful '08 Desertburst that really sounded really good last Saturday. I then plugged the Silverburst into the Line 6 amp where I was trying out the other axes. WOW! It seemed as if the sweet crunch was not only coming from the amp, but also my fingertips, the strings and the fretboard! I'm serious! No, I do not sniff new guitar fumes (too much). I was using the same settings as I used with the DB LP.

Needless to say, that surreal moment + the looks easily tipped me over and it went home with me. I know you can attest to my babbling, but not (proud with chest protruding) my drooling.

The PUP's are called Burstbucker Pro Classics. Does anyone know how these might differ from the Burstbucker Pro's that equip most new LP Standards?

I want to install burstbucker pickups on a Custom...... is posible? the sound of this pickups and the beauty of Custom Les Paul, make me touch the heaven on earth, what do you think people? Sorry my English is not too god, I´m from Spain, but I love this language, and all the American Culture, it´s cool....you are a refferent in the world...

i love the BB Pros. i think they make my 07 Standard Faded sing so sweetly. Lots of people seem to think the BBs have too much high end and too little low-end. i have played several R8s and i do NOT like the BB 1/2 combo that Gibson puts in them, but i'm lovin' my BB Pros.

i have not heard of these. and i didnt see anything on the Gibson website.

Fenn, these Pup's are probably made for Gibson especially for either just this Limited Edition, or several Limited Editions. I also checked the Gibson site for my pickups without any luck. That's one more reason I'm here with real Gibson axe men! People passionate enough to pay (ducking a cabbage while making his speech =;) their own hard earned green for a sound, a feel, a vision, an icon!

I agree, the BB Pro's are the shiot! I never thought they didn't have the lows. I think most of that could be accomplished with the correct amp settings, pedals, etc.. That is, if you like your LP to groan. I happen to like mine to sing!

I want to install burstbucker pickups on a Custom...... is posible? the sound of this pickups and the beauty of Custom Les Paul' date=' make me touch the heaven on earth, what do you think people? Sorry my English is not too god, I´m from Spain, but I love this language, and all the American Culture, it´s cool....you are a refferent in the world...[/quote']

Dude, you can make a myriad of modifications to a Custom if you want. What pickups are in your Custom, '57 Classics? I do so love Customs, but opted for a 60's neck (and less expense) and so bought a Standard. I think the Customs sound great with their own PUP's, but to each his or her own. Ultimately I'd love to have a Custom (I think I could get used to the thick neck) and my Standard. No two voices are the same, but it's often nice to hear a different and equally excellent voice.

No prob about the English. Mi Espanol es no bein. Thanks for the compliments on our culture. When I think our bizarre culture has hit new lows, some cool person from another country says something nice, like you did, and makes me think that the U.S. may not be so bad. We are not our politicians.

What kind music do you play and listen to, cocacolo.

I like all music that can be played with a guitar...., but my preferences is rock, hard rock, metal, jazz, funky,... you know really? I play allways so hard with the guitar,I like so much the good distorsion, as Metallica, AC/DC, The Cult....and more that this kind of bands, the classics of course, the classics in your country, I mean, because in Spain the music always gone after that yours, I repeat my words, your cuontry it´s a refferent in the world of music too, your bands, your lovely guitars, your sounds, and creativity, all that you want it´s in U.S.A. all..., the world knows that the American people are so glad, and the politic games, it´s for the politicians....with his ****ing lies...

I like all music that can be played with a guitar....' date=' but my preferences is rock, hard rock, metal, jazz, funky,... you know really? I play allways so hard with the guitar,I like so much the good distorsion, as Metallica, AC/DC, The Cult....and more that this kind of bands, the classics of course, the classics in your country, I mean, because in Spain the music always gone after that yours, I repeat my words, your cuontry it´s a refferent in the world of music too, your bands, your lovely guitars, your sounds, and creativity, all that you want it´s in U.S.A. all..., the world knows that the American people are so glad, and the politic games, it´s for the politicians....with his ****ing lies... [/quote']

the 57 classics and BBs are good if you are looking for big overdrive or rock crunch a la Led Zeppelin, ACDC, and other 70s rock. But if you want Gibson pickups for things like Metallica, I would not use them. I might try the 490/498 combo (i have these in my Studio) or maybe even the ceramics (496r/500t). But be warned, the ceramics do not sound good to many people's ears.

I'm From England and I think the USA is a cool place I mean its a country of over 250 Million people theres bound to be people you don't like there and the stupid French don't seem to get that! DAMN surrender monkeys!!! no just kidding the French are ok too they've been England's sparing partner for the past Thousand years B).

but I gotta' stress this point to our Spanish friend, its not the Americans language they borrowed it from us -.- its called English for a reason.

/rant

Archived