Gibson Brands Forums

Bigsby

GKingN

I was wanting to add a Bigsby and some pick up covers to my Brown Special Faded, because frankly its just ugly. My question is how do you think this will look and how much do you think it'll cost to get someone to install the Bigsby?

I'm not sure about the price of the Bigsby and the installation.

But I think if you sell the faded SG and don't pay for buying and installing the Bigsby, you could buy a SG Standard or Spezial - more or less.

Well, of course without a Bigsby.

I don't like the faded SG neither so I bought a black SG special (the only color a like for a SG).

Oh she feels and sounds great' date=' its just ugly. Im sure the pick-up covers would help it and it not be as costly.[/quote']

I had a SG Special that I traded for a SG Standard. But before I did, I also installed pup covers on the Special - big mistake. I had it done professionally, but after the covers went on, the E,B & G strings would all hit the pup cover when I played the higher frets. I took it back & so to compensate they raised the action. I didn't enjoy playing it afterwards because the action was too high for me, looked great though.

This lead to me upgrading to the Standard, wasn't the only reason...I really always wanted a Standard SG.

Just letting you know this could happen to you.

I had a SG Special that I traded for a SG Standard. But before I did' date=' I also installed pup covers on the Special - big mistake. I had it done professionally, but after the covers went on, the E,B & G strings would all hit the pup cover when I played the higher frets. I took it back & so to compensate they raised the action. I didn't enjoy playing it afterwards because the action was too high for me, looked great though.

This lead to me upgrading to the Standard, wasn't the only reason...I really always wanted a Standard SG.

Just letting you know this could happen to you.[/quote']

You think if I lowered the pick-up height it would prevent this

Archived