Gibson Brands Forums

HELP!

Bowdiddley

I was fortunate enough growing up to have a grandfather who was a music lover. The memory of his smile when he listened to a good tune is forever etched in my mind. I guess he instilled that love in me also. He is the reason I picked up a guitar in the first place.

Well my "Papa" isn't with us any longer but he made sure that I would get his Gibson when he passed. My grandmother told me he said he didn't care what she did with his stuff when he died but I was to get his guitar.

Here are some pics and I would appreciate any help you guys could give on determining just what model and year it is. I think it is a ES-125 but that could be way off as I'm no expert in these matters. The serial number is: W2433 13 and is stamped inside the bottom f-hole on the back.

IMG_0090.jpg

IMG_0092.jpg

Thanks for your help.

I was fortunate enough growing up to have a grandfather who was a music lover. The memory of his smile when he listened to a good tune is forever etched in my mind. I guess he instilled that love in me also. He is the reason I picked up a guitar in the first place.

Well my "Papa" isn't with us any longer but he made sure that I would get his Gibson when he passed. My grandmother told me he said he didn't care what she did with his stuff when he died but I was to get his guitar.

Here are some pics and I would appreciate any help you guys could give on determining just what model and year it is. I think it is a ES-125 but that could be way off as I'm no expert in these matters. The serial number is: W2433 13 and is stamped inside the bottom f-hole on the back.

IMG_0090.jpg

IMG_0092.jpg

Thanks for your help.

WOW, cherish this baby Bowdiddley because she's a real beauty!!!!

Yup, it looks to be an ES-125. According to A.R. Duchossoir's book "Gibson Electrics: The Classic Years" the 20-fret fretboard was introduced to the ES-125 in "mid-1955" (they had 19-fret boards prior to that). He also says 2697 were made that year.

Enjoy it and keep it well.

Archived