Gibson Brands Forums

Bad Monkey Overdrive

bubba_leon

Man, I've had it on the back of my mind to get one of these pedals since my buddy got one 3 years ago.

I only wish I got one sooner!

My Les Pauls sound amazing through this thing. I've found the "sound" without the noise. Best thing about it I scored it used on Ebay for 32 bucks!

I picked one up about 6 months ago and have been very pleased with the sound of it. I got it on sale at a local music store for $39 + tax. I think they usually sell em for $49 though and they are well worth it for the price.

I picked one up about 6 months ago and have been very pleased with the sound of it. I got it on sale at a local music store for $39 + tax. I think they usually sell em for $49 though and they are well worth it for the price.

Ha! We have the same guitar (traditional pro) and now the same OD pedal! What kinda amp you using?

An amp is what I'm currently saving up for. I've been playing through a SS peavey stereo chorus 400 head and 4-12 cab. the cab's got GTk-85 celestions in it. It's loud, has a good clean sound and has been reliable (bought new in 85 and never had any issues with it) but it won't produce that sweet sound of a tube amp. I'm looking to buy a good sounding tube head to replace the peavey head (or use the Peavey as a back up) but haven't 100% made up my mind on which one to get. I also have a little Fender GDEC amp that's fun to play around with.

The Bad Monkey has been the basis of my live sound through a Bassman RI for 3+ years now, beats all the high price TS clones that I've tried (and sold). Its a real bargain! Another good buy (especially second hand) is the Digitech Hot Rod. You can get TS-like, Rat-like and Metal (not my bag) sounds, but best of all you can 'morph' from the TS to the Rat and find some good sounds in the middle.

Archived