Gibson Brands Forums

Axcess w/stop tail

jared172K

Hi I am new to the forum & a relatively new Les Paul owner. I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on a question I have about the Les Paul axcess standard w/the stop tail. My question is: Is the bridge lower or closer to the body than a typical Les Paul w/a stop tail? In the pics I have seen it appears to be, but I cannot tell for sure. I have yet to find anyone that knows & I have also tried to find one to play for comparison but all the ones I have found are the floyd rose equipped versions. Thanks.

I have always played strat style guitars w/bridges closer to the body so its been a bit of an adjustment w/my picking hand. When I saw pics of the Axcess w/a stop tail I thought that maybe it would be closer to the body like Thundergod mentioned. I own a '07 LP custom silverburst & absolutely love it so I am definitely hooked. I guess I will just have to deal, right! I have a friend of mine who bought a Carvin CS6 which has the bridge counter sunk into the body just a bit & man is it comfortable. Of course it's not a LP. I just wonder if Gibson would ever do that? Thanks fellas.

I have always played strat style guitars w/bridges closer to the body so its been a bit of an adjustment w/my picking hand. When I saw pics of the Axcess w/a stop tail I thought that maybe it would be closer to the body like Thundergod mentioned. I own a '07 LP custom silverburst & absolutely love it so I am definitely hooked. I guess I will just have to deal' date=' right! I have a friend of mine who bought a Carvin CS6 which has the bridge counter sunk into the body just a bit & man is it comfortable. Of course it's not a LP. I just wonder if Gibson would ever do that? Thanks fellas.[/quote']

I am the complete oposite, I've grown acustomed to how high a LP/gibson bridge usually is, and sometimes I wish I could just rise my fenders and trem loaded guitars bridges to that height, I usually play with my palm rested on the bridge and playing fenders (both strats and teles) and floyd rose equiped guitars feels kind of weird from time to time.

I am the complete oposite' date=' I've grown acustomed to how high a LP/gibson bridge usually is, and sometimes I wish I could just rise my fenders and trem loaded guitars bridges to that height, I usually play with my palm rested on the bridge and playing fenders (both strats and teles) and floyd rose equiped guitars feels kind of weird from time to time.[/quote']

+1 I love the feel of the raised bridge also. I also rest my palm on the bridge. Can't get comfy with anything else...

Archived