Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Les Paul Studio Fake or Not

johnhig

It sure looks legit. Don't know if they had a version with dots or not.

That's what I was thinking but mate of mine has some Les Pauls and he thinks there is something not quite right with it.

John

If it's a fake it's seriously the best fake I've seen. The headstock looks perfect, the bridge doesn't have the Epi-style screws in it like every single fake I've seen does, the only thing I'm not sure of are the dot inlays... never seen those before, but I'm no expert.

This is the reply I got from Gibson. Interesting reply

Dear Mr Higgins,

Thank you for your interest in Gibson guitars.

Within our standard production the Les Paul Studio was made with Trapezoid inlays in 1999. We do not have any information in our archive about Les Paul Studio guitars in that year being made with dot inlays. It is possible that they exist, but we cannot verify, confirm or contradict that.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us again or refer to our webpage at www.gibsoneurope.com

Kind regards,

Boris Franz

Customer Service

Gibson Europe

FREE NUMBER

00800-4GIBSON1

00800-44427661

www.gibsoneurope.com

• 2 years later...

I know this is an old thread, but I can indeed confirm that Gibson Studio's did come with dot inlays. I bought my studio brand new from the biggest Gibson dealer in Canada and it has dots. I bought it in 99 and it is a 99. Hope that helps end the rumours that I sometimes hear about these being fakes.

Archived