Gibson Brands Forums

Maybe not such a good idea after all.

Andre S

OK what have you done so far...let us see how it looks...maybe we can help you out with it.

Not today, so far I've done from the lower strap button to the pickguard bracket. Its alright so far but once or twice the sandpaper slipped and grazed the top. I may get some micro mesh repair stuff and fix that, I emailed stewmac to see if thats the correct product to use.

It does look kind of cheap' date=' sorry to be the one to say it. I liked it with the brown finish and the faux binding tho... so it was only half a bad idea +:-@[/quote']

thats not mine. Mine will hopefully look just like a wine red classic without yellow green inlays. because its already a wine red studio.

The sanding is coming pretty well, the only problems that I have encountered so far:

1. Its hard to get the sanded wood to show with an even thickness from the front

2. Its slightly hard to sand the maple cap right down to the joint with the mahgoany on the sides I mean.

And Thundergod, what was the part in that thread that you didn't like? the part that made it look cheap?

I'm going with a regular sized binding, not an overly large binding on the sides.

No' date=' it was a good idea after all.

Don't listen to any naysayers, especially yourself - the guitar is cool as hell and it is a big, BIG uplift from how it looked 'before.' Keep it up and don't doubt yourself. (and keep posting pix)[/quote']

I wont post any pics till its done but I will have during the process.

Archived