Gibson Brands Forums

Ain't technology grand? :-)

NeoConMan

I was on the Guitar Center website looking at various guitars and amps.

I rarely visit their site, and this was the first time I actually used the search feature to find specific items.

For instance, a search for Mesa Boogie 5:50 Express Head turned up the Express combo and every other damned amp GC carries. There was nothing in my criteria about Stiletto, Mark this or Triple that....

I guess GC figures if they don't have specifically what I'm looking for I'll drop $4,000 on a big stack.

Then I'm at the Sam Ash site, wondering if they carry Mesa.

At least I can understand this, even if it is kinda funny.

Same search - and I get;

Hal Leonard Boogie Woogie Piano (DVD)

(H00320515-P)

Our Price: $19.95

The experts at SamAsh.com save you money on the Hal Leonard Boogie Woogie Piano (DVD) and other Instructional: Keyboards. We pride ourselves on availability and fast delivery of the Hal Leonard Boogie Woogie Piano (DVD) and all Hal Leonard products.

Well, at least I had the word 'boogie' in my search criteria....

Neo.. I don't remember them carrying Mesa.. (Their website doesn't show Mesa. Their website doesn't appear to be working too well either). I'm gonna' try to get up to a Sam Ash later this week, I'll have a look around (maybe used?)..

Stevef.

Call Saul...

Think I will....

Here in Phoenix I can choose from Guitar Center, AZ Music, or The Music Store.

Talked to GC on the phone, I may go play through their Express.

AZ Music has the 2x12 cab for the Express, they want to deal on what they have on the floor.

What about the head? They don't have it and don't wanna order it....

Never heard of The Music Store.

Finally called Mesa and got some info from them directly.

I'm kinda leaning toward the Express 5:50 long head and the Roadster or Rectifier 2x12 cab - both sealed backs.

Archived