Gibson Brands Forums

slash lp standard vs lp standard

fretboarder

hi everyone new to the forums and im wondering if someone could give me some pointers,

well the thing is im buying a slash les paul usa 2008 model but im not sure of the tones i will get from the duncans over the pups in the standards you get today,over all i love the lp sound and im just wondering if with the slash model you get the same sound but with more of that great tone?

its a lot of cash and i want to make the right choice, obviously i'l be playing a few guitars on the( well the slash sig and some standards) day to see what i feel is right for me both tonaly and how it plays but if someone who has played both who could give me a idea of the differences it would be greatly welcomed...

cheers:)

Fretboarder... Welcome to the forums. It''s a great board with some very cool members.

You are now one of those.

I can't speak as to the differences in the models, but if you will notice, there is a search function at the top of the page. The Slash model is all the rage here on the board lately, and there are many, many threads on the subject matter. I will be willing to bet your questions have already been answered somewhere here.

Just hit search and type in what it is you are wanting to know. It's that easy. If you can't find the answer using search, someone here surely knows, and will be happy to answer.

Again Welcome to the Forum.

-TLSG

I have not had the pleasure of playing the Slash LP to make an intelligent judgment of it's sound, but I have a Vintage Kramer with Seymore Duncan JB's along with an 07 Standard with the Burstbucker Pros. Huge difference in tone. The SDs are very throaty and sound awesome overdriven. The BBs are much crisper played with the same settings. This may be like comparing apples and oranges, but take what you will from it. I'm sure you'll enjoy no matter. And welcome aboard. Make sure you post pics when you get it.

Archived