Gibson Brands Forums

Which Marshall produces the best tone?

ledzep59

Well yeah that's because he uses other amps in and out like the Category 5 JB 100 (which is a 1968 with Mid Boost), Two Rock Custom Signature 1 Reverb, and either the Carol ANN JB 100 or his Van Weelden Twinkland (Dumble Clone)

Well yeah that's because he uses other amps in and out like the Category 5 JB 100 (which is a 1968 with Mid Boost)' date=' Two Rock Custom Signature 1 Reverb, and either the Carol ANN JB 100 or his Van Weelden Twinkland (Dumble Clone)[/quote']

And did I read that his jubilee is always on and on a clean setting? If I had time I would re-read that interview from guitar player magazine.

best darn tone from an amp I've played was a Marshall 1959S full stack - it was their first run of reissues of the early '70s 1959 Superlead, released in the 80s - I had one until =D> pressured to sell it by the ex =D> monsterous mistake - you'll be lucky to find one for sale anywhere in the world - I've played 800s 900s, still got my 6100 blue =D>/ . The JVM410 lets you dial up just about any tone you want - and sitting on 2 cabs full of 25w greenbacks, it's very very close to what I call heavenly tone

Archived