Gibson Brands Forums

SG Faded?

guitarmanjt

I really want to buy a Gibson guitar but I don't have a whole lot of money to spend on it. I am considering the SG faded. However, I have a few concerns about it, and ANY guitar I might buy.

Since this is an unfinished guitar, does the wood or color wear out?

On cheaper guitars, the bridge adjustment screws rattle? Do the strings move or rattle at all in the bridge?

Do the strings buzz on the frets? Do the frets wear out fast?

Are there any other issues or things to take notice of?

I really want to buy a Gibson guitar but I don't have a whole lot of money to spend on it. I am considering the SG faded. However' date=' I have a few concerns about it, and ANY guitar I might buy.

Since this is an unfinished guitar, does the wood or color wear out?

On cheaper guitars, the bridge adjustment screws rattle? Do the strings move or rattle at all in the bridge?

Do the strings buzz on the frets? Do the frets wear out fast?

Are there any other issues or things to take notice of?[/quote']

It's not unfinished, and it has the same hardware as the other guitars. It just hasn't been painted and buffed numerous times.

It's the same hardware, quality, and craftsmanship as other Gibsons. The price difference has to do with all the little extra niceties you get with an SG Standard

- bound fretboard

- block inlays

- full finish

- more ornate detailing in places like the headstock

- pickup types (most higher end Gibsons have 57s. I think Faded models have cover-less 490s).

It's the same hardware' date=' quality, and craftsmanship as other Gibsons. The price difference has to do with all the little extra niceties you get with an SG Standard

- bound fretboard

- block inlays

- full finish

- more ornate detailing in places like the headstock

- pickup types (most higher end Gibsons have 57s. I think Faded models have cover-less 490s).

[/quote']

Also - you don't get a case with the faded...

Archived