Gibson Brands Forums

Pickups in different guitars.

Gilmore

Hi

I was wandering about 57 classic pickups. I have the in my SG 61 RI. I also have a LP Classic with 496 and 500 combo. I want to change the out for Burstbucker Pro or even 57 classics. So my question is, do you think the 57 classic would sound alot different in the LP then in the SG?

You-bet-cha. The maple cap on the paul is your sound difference and just more wood. Put some emg's in a paul and you can feel the wood/hole guitar vibrate. I have swapped just about every pickup gibson makes and a lot of others and I got to tell-ya, the burstbucker III is the hot ticket in a heavy paul with the maple cap. I mean heavy like old the older and newer customs all the pauls pre-2006 the did not have holes in them to make-em lighter.

You-bet-cha. The maple cap on the paul is your sound difference and just more wood. Put some emg's in a paul and you can feel the wood/hole guitar vibrate. I have swapped just about every pickup gibson makes and a lot of others and I got to tell-ya' date=' the burstbucker III is the hot ticket in a heavy paul with the maple cap. I mean heavy like old the older and newer customs all the pauls pre-2006 the did not have holes in them to make-em lighter.[/quote']

all LPs from about 1983 have weight relief holes in them. From about 2006 on, most USA LPs have been chambered. There is a difference.

Archived