Gibson Brands Forums

I have a 1993 Custom Shop SG - does anyone know anything about this guitar ? S/N 92513456 - it's a beautiful emerald green - wha

Stewie

Send an e-mail to Gibson at service@gibson.com include the serial number and a picture if you can and they can confirm what it is for you and maybe tell you a little about it. The guitar dater site can only tell you if your serial number fits a known Gibson format, and then it will spit out basic info that you could learn by searching a bit through the forums or on the site. Your guitar was made on the 251st day of 1993, the 456 tells where it falls in that day's production. It was made in Nashville, because that was the only plant making them at that time.

Thanks Stewie - New chum to the forum. Thundergod - Mr Chaw alreay uses his own serial numbers but he won't copy this SG and yes I will post some pics. Thanks Aaresz - your info very helpful. Good advice Raptor - Thanks

You've all helped me a lot - Mike

Raptor, great advise............your not selling that pretty blue LP are you....? I saw this and thought of you...Sure is tempting to pull the trigger...That has to be my Favorite looking LP..

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Gibson-Custom-Shop-Les-Paul-Class-5-AAAAA-Top_W0QQitemZ220223342872QQihZ012QQcategoryZ2384QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Send an e-mail to Gibson at service@gibson.com include the serial number and a picture if you can and they can confirm what it is for you and maybe tell you a little about it. The guitar dater site can only tell you if your serial number fits a known Gibson format' date=' and then it will spit out basic info that you could learn by searching a bit through the forums or on the site. Your guitar was made on the 251st day of 1993, the 456 tells where it falls in that day's production. It was made in Nashville, because that was the only plant making them at that time.[/quote']

Or heck just call-em right now, their answering 24/7

Archived