Gibson Brands Forums

man, did i have a surreal day

jannusguy

Great story, it's nice to be in the presence of "greatness" and be treated so well. I work in the motion picture industry and am constantly around actors both hugely famous and on the way up, and it's funny how some of the biggest are the nicest, most down to earth people you'd want to meet and some of the "flavor of the month" are arrogant weasles (I had another word but this is a family forum).

I've always loved the acoustic version of "Shape of a Heart" and saw him play it on the CF100 on tour. He played a lot of keyboards too, and his electric piano would tune up and down for him with the flick of a switch. I met David Lindley one time at a gun show (He was pretty surprised someone at that type of venue recognized him) and we talked for awhile. He is (or was) into Japanese swords and he explained the different handguards that are interchangeable for ceremonies and such. Neat guy, and a heck of a picker on anything with strings. Thanks for posting the video lesson, it would have been neat to see Jackson do it but with the internet and technology these guys have to be very careful with their likenesses and intellectual property, things can get edited, twisted and photoshopped too easily and sometimes in a negative manner.

• 2 weeks later...
do tell.
It was Paul Geremia at the Big Kahuna Club in Bridgeton' date=' Maine. Paul usually does a weekend there every summer, so it was like, "what are you doing Saturday before the show." He broke down
for me--a real game changer as far as my picking goes. Kind of mind blowing, when you think about, to be sitting knee with a guy who's song you've been listening to on CD. He broke it down, then started picking it, started singing, and, well, his presence was just a force. [ps. Paul also let me try out his guitars].

Funny aside, after the lesson, my friend and I ran into him at an eatery and joined him. A guy at the next table started talking about how great E.C. was at acoustic blues. Paul just stared into space. I was thinking, buddy, you have no idea.

It was Paul Geremia at the Big Kahuna Club in Bridgeton' date=' Maine. Paul usually does a weekend there every summer, so it was like, "what are you doing Saturday before the show." He broke down
for me--a real game changer as far as my picking goes. Kind of mind blowing, when you think about, to be sitting knee with a guy who's song you've been listening to on CD. He broke it down, then started picking it, started singing, and, well, his presence was just a force. [ps. Paul also let me try out his guitars].

Funny aside, after the lesson, my friend and I ran into him at an eatery and joined him. A guy at the next table started talking about how great E.C. was at acoustic blues. Paul just stared into space. I was thinking, buddy, you have no idea.

thanks. great story. esp. the diner scene.

Archived