Gibson Brands Forums

First Gibson Les Paul!!

slimjimdom

My only concern is the finish feels a little sticky and I wonder if the nitro might need some more time to dry.

Do you mean like on the back of the neck? Cause mine felt like that too at first. It's since gone away. Nothin' like that new guitar smell though, eh?

Do you mean like on the back of the neck? Cause mine felt like that too at first. It's since gone away. Nothin' like that new guitar smell though' date=' eh? [/quote']

Exactly, The finish on the back of the neck feels like it hasnt hardened up or something. I'm sure like yours it will work itself out. But yeah the new guitar smell is apparent throughout my apartment. Great stuff.

Exactly' date=' The finish on the back of the neck feels like it hasnt hardened up or something. I'm sure like yours it will work itself out. But yeah the new guitar smell is apparent throughout my apartment. Great stuff.[/quote']

Also, if yours is anything like mine the strings will be catching in the nut. If that happens get yourself some of this stuff:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/GHS-GraphitAll-Guitar-Lubricant-102786969-i1134670.gc

Works wonderfully.

Archived