Gibson Brands Forums

I Can Almost Taste It!

deepblue

Sheeyat... You put pork roll on a bagel then criticize me for liking a 7-Eleven dog after a bender? [biggrin]

201262391rl4.gif201262391rl4.gif201262391rl4.gif

What's pork roll? Is that like Taylor ham?.[confused] . Damn southerners..

Personally I wouldn't touch either of them, bagels get butter or cream cheese, hot dogs are Heb Nats or Nathan's. Although I'll admit to eating hot dogs (mustard and onions) from the street venders when I worked in NYC..

I grew up in the Princeton/Trenton area and we called it pork roll! And you know where pork roll is made, right? [confused]

Funny how such a small state can have such a diverse population and even different voice accents. Like, ferinstance, down here, the word whore is pronounced "hor" but, in northern NJ where they get some "Long-giland" influence, it's often pronounced "hoo-wuerh" (with a soft r on the end). In either case, it's usually predicated with "friggin'." At least we all agree on "ar-ringe" rather than using that pesky "o" at the beginning like the rest of the world.

RichCI... I grew up in Queens, wife's from Brooohklyn... We both went to Longiland Uniberstity.. Moved to the Montclair/Blooooomfield after our foyst kid was born. If youda' toll 'da bagel guy where I grew up you wanted a pork roll/Taylor ham and cheese on an bagel.. youda' heard "get'da f0ck outta' heah shmuck"....

From around my area chili and cole slaw are the most requested toppings for hot dogs. Anywhere else I've been they've never heard tell of such things. Apparently everyone else in the world puts mustard and sour krout on their hot dogs.

It's a southern thang, coleslaw and chili. Been there and done that many times. If you guys ever get to Atlanta, you gotta try the Varsity. That is the ultimate hot dawg. It snaps, growls, and will even bite if you put the right toppings on it. My fav is mustard, chili and cheese with onions. *mouth waters...thinks a mad dash is in order....

Archived