Gibson Brands Forums

The psychology of tempo

Cruznolfart

Andante hooks me just about every time. I don't know what it is, I can only guess it has something to do with bio-rhythms and personality and stuff. I can have SIRIUS Bluesville on and be barely aware of it in the background, but let a number come on in the andante range of 76-108 bpm and I can hear it at the other end of the house and I'm HOOKED! That tempo range cuts through everything else like a siren, grabs me by my dancing muscles and gets me all loose like a goose.

I betcha if someone had a well developed understanding of the psychology of tempo they could write one commercial hit after another...[biggrin]

Bet you could write a grant for a scholarly study of optimal butt-shaking tempo. [biggrin]

LOL! If Cruzn won't do it, I will! I think I could do a serious study of optimal butt-shaking tempo for around $5 million a year! I'll tell the GOV that it is in the interest of National Security.

It's worth a try.

I betcha if someone had a well developed understanding of the psychology of tempo they could write one commercial hit after another...[biggrin]

It's already been done, it was called DISCO.

I'm not joking, disco beats were based around exactly what your talking about. It had something to do with heart rate, and I think (I'm no doctor), that the tempos you quote are within normal heartbeat rates.

LOL! If Cruzn won't do it' date=' I will! I think I could do a serious study of optimal butt-shaking tempo for around $5 million a year! I'll tell the GOV that it is in the interest of National Security.

It's worth a try.[/quote']

I don't think there's such a thing as too much knowledge. At least it's something I've never experienced. I say let the studies begin! [biggrin]

It's already been done' date=' it was called DISCO.

I'm not joking, disco beats were based around exactly what your talking about. It had something to do with heart rate, and I think (I'm no doctor), that the tempos you quote are within normal heartbeat rates. [/quote']

Jeez, I hate to think that the most notable manifestation of something that makes ME feel so good is DISCO!! [biggrin]

Archived