Gibson Brands Forums

1986 melody maker

jefleppard

Yeah kinda what I thought when I bought the 85 great little guitar a set-up and some fun then I'll make a few bucks. after shipping and couple weeks of call I made 11 bucks. There a great little guitar but no collectibility so value totally sucks when your selling one. If you pay 400 because you want to play the guitar then cool but you won't sell it for any more than that.

Yeah kinda what I thought when I bought the 85 great little guitar a set-up and some fun then I'll make a few bucks. after shipping and couple weeks of call I made 11 bucks. There a great little guitar but no collectibility so value totally sucks when your selling one. If you pay 400 because you want to play the guitar then cool but you won't sell it for any more than that.

thanks for that. i'm not looking from the collector standpoint. i love the tone. sure. kind of a one trick pony but alot of the stuff i play is punky/green day-ish so its perfect. i'd also love a yellow one like this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gibson-Melody-Maker-Satin-Yellow_W0QQitemZ360213817097QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item53de6aa709

ps- i emailed the guy. he says shipping isnt really $346. lol.

Archived