Gibson Brands Forums

The Search Goes On

Rocky4

Do any of you remember hearing song when you were younger and as you got older, tried to find the songs but couldn't remember who did them or what the exact name of the songs were? I've had a list of songs for the last 20 years and have tracked most of them down, but a few remain.

Some of my victories...

Rock And Roll Lovers from Larry Coryell's Back Together Again. I thought it was by Alphonse Mouzon.

Good Morning Judge by 10CC. I thought it was by Climax Blues Band.

We All Had A Real Good Time by Edgar Winter. I didn't have a clue who did it.

Workin At The Gas Station by Frank Zappa. I knew it was Zappa but didn't know what album it was on. Zoot Allures, fantastic album

Minstral In The Gallery by Jethro Tull. Same situation as above

The one that got away.

A song from the late 70s. I don't have a clue what it's called. The lyrics go something like "Sitting in this motel room" or hotel room. It's got a haunting sparse sound to it. For some reason the name David Schaumberg comes to mind. I don't know why. Google searches have turned up nothing. I even tried to track down FM DJs from that era for clues.

While contacting DJs, I stumbled on this gem from a local band from the 70s

http://www.waynermiller.com/Crow%20Carroll/Crow%20Carroll%20&%20Mackinaw%20-%20Band%20at%20the%20Roadhouse.mp3

Thanks' date=' Cruzn. That takes me back to my days in college. I've got that old LP somewhere in my "stacks o' wax".[/quote']

LOL! Yer welcome, Natch. It was a good excuse to post it, an old favorite. No doubt nothing close to what Rocky4's looking for...but a good excuse. [blink]

I know exactly what you mean there Rocky. Especially with songs I might have heard while very young, like driving with my mom or something. Google has really made it easier to find them, hasn't it?

There was one very beautiful, haunting song I used to hear when I was young but hadn't heard probably since the 70s. I just recently figured out what it was. I found out it was written by Boz Scaggs and made a hit by Rita Coolage, called "We're All Alone".

A song from the late 70s. I don't have a clue what it's called. The lyrics go something like "Sitting in this motel room" or hotel room. It's got a haunting sparse sound to it. For some reason the name David Schaumberg comes to mind. I don't know why. Google searches have turned up nothing. I even tried to track down FM DJs from that era for clues.

Rocky4... there's an old Kinks song that has a title the recurring lyric "sitting in my hotel room".. Song is "Sitting in my Hotel" from the "Everybody's in Show-Biz" album..

Here's a version youtube with the lyrics ("follow the boucing ball").

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Archived