Gibson Brands Forums

Howard Roberts

Johnhw

Hi guys...sorry, have not been around for a while.

Anyway, purchased a Howard Roberts (1991) yesterday. Picked it up and couldn't put it down. I really like this guitar....going to be putting it througha new Egnater Rebel 30.

Take care...hope to be around more now.

Don't have in hands yet...probably before Christmas (a treat to myself). It's in the back put to bed for me.

I played it to make sure my hands didn't hit the "fingers" or dull the tone. My position and style seems to work fine with it. I have never had a guitar with "fingers"...I understand it has to do with the pressure you want to apply to each string so they can be adjusted accordingly. Want x-larges for part, lights for part...don;t know anyone who plays that way but if I understand right its for separate adjustment.

The first Fusion (not the one with the hole) had a stop tail piece.

Have a 335...but the upper can rub my nipple and cause soreness. I like the guitar because of the size, both overall dimensions and width and the cutout fits a leg well while sitting.

It's vintage burst, 19 years old now and seems to have a bit of mojo to it.

Yeah..thanks brundaddy...that nipples tyaken a beating.

Shade...the one from your youtube is a Howard Roberts Fusion (or Fusion I) it has the stop tailpiece. If I can find one of those it would be nice. Look up Fusion III, I am getting the first year that was made, 1991.

Thanks for the responses guys..

Archived