Gibson Brands Forums

I wish to order a Gibson Dusk Tiger MIDI Cable!

MCK

" I wish to order a Gibson Dusk Tiger MIDI Cable!"

Inside the Gibson Dusk Tiger shipping Box is an Accessories box:

DT_Case_carton.jpg

Observe the DUSK TIGER ACCESSORIES LIST[/b]

DT_ACCESS_LIST.jpg

See the RIP to Roland GK 13 pin Cable (Mis-Labeled as "Dusk Tiger MIDI Cable")

Lets examine this hard to find cable.

DT_13_pin.jpg

Here's the 8pin MiniDIN end (To RIP Hex OUT jack)

DT_13_pin2.jpg

Here's the 13pin DIN end (To mate with third party gear featuring a Roland GK 13 compatible GK Input - like the Roland VG-99, GR-20, Axon AX-50, etc.)

DT_13_pin23.jpg

The pictures above show this cable exists and ships with EVERY GIBSON DUSK TIGER!

Lets all contact Gibson

US (Toll Free) 1-800-4GIBSON

US (Local) 1-615-871-4500

Email - service@gibson.com

Europe 00800-4GIBSON1

Email - service.europe@gibson.com

Japan 03-3434-5670

Email - service.japan@gibson.com

China 800-820-8841 (in China only)

Email - service.china@gibson.com

and say:

" I wish to order a Gibson Dusk Tiger MIDI Cable!"

Tell them if they can not supply you one, then point them to this thread here

http://www.futureguitarnow.com/forum/index.php?topic=193.msg949#msg949

Tell them Gibson Dark Fire Owners WILL pursue legal action with Gibson USA - and demand they inform us of a delivery date for this Important Cable!

Many of us never would have bought the Dark Fire guitar, if we knew the Dark Fire RIP to Roland GK13 cable was never going to materialize!

We are not buying the Gibson USA line that "We never promised to deliver this cable for Dark Fire owners"

GIBSON SHOULD READ THEIR OWN DOCUMENTATION!

http://media.gibson.com/DarkFire/Manuals/1_1/Gibson_RIP_Manual.pdf

Read Page 19

"RIP Hex Output

The Hex output provides outputs from each string and is compatible with guitar-to-MIDI

converters made by Axon, Roland, and others. To patch RIP to the guitar-to-MIDI

converter, you’ll need a custom cable from Gibson; for additional information, go to the

Gibson web site at www.gibson.com."

===

Update Nov, 12, 2009

Mr Anderton will be investigating "Where is the RIP to Roland Cable?"

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?p=37398797&posted=1#post37398797

<Craig Anderton wrote>

I'm surprised the cable is not yet available because it was signed off on a while ago (March, 15, 2009). I'll poke around and see if I can find any info.

Hi MCK,

Hope all is well with you and yours. I hear you loud and clear. Gibson USA is working on making the RIP to Roland cable (not a MIDI cable [blink] )available for Dark Fire owners to purchase very soon.

There may be more information regarding this on the site soon, but I'll post here as soon as we have an update.

Thanks -

Jason

Hey Jason, somehow everytime you get involved in my support queries my issues are promptly resolved. Gibson needs more people like you. Thanks once again for your open communication. I look forward to hearing more about the RIP to Roland cable soon. All the best.

Hey Jason, since MCK is giving you praise on the ability to resolve customer issues, I think I'll try and ask you... I've been trying to have Gibson send me the RIP for my DarkFire #0158 and I can't seem to get an answer from customer service on when I will get one. I sent my rebate/registration request about 2 months ago and nothing. I've talked to Roger and Vince at customer service and they tell me they email other departments/supervisors but I still no RIP. You see... I also want a RIP MIDI cable but I need the RIP first. I purchased the Dark Fire for this use and I'm disappointed I can't even use it this way. What do I need to do? Help.

Rudy

Archived