Gibson Brands Forums

The "cheap" Flying V Faded Worn Cherry finish: praise and appreciation

tsol

hi

This guitar is just freaking flawlessly awesome, i love how well and easy plays the neck, its simple built quality and its great sound so much! Thanks to Gibson for having made this guitar available to us at such a fairly price! (it was about $699 new or even less) It is an absolutely stunning guitar that i will be keeping for the rest of my life, the one i got is the exact same as on the linked page (with moon crescents inlays on the fingerboard) =D>/

Flying V Faded

Those are are just sweet all around. Real nice. Hey when Its up for a string change and you can set it up your self put some slinny top heavy bottom 10-52's on that baby. It will need a truss rod/bridge and intonation adjustment for-em, but with the 52/42/30's on top and the 496/500t well they sound soo much better. try-it, you'll love-em

there just as good if not better then the expensive one and i love the pickups on em i wonder how'''ll sound on a

LP

That's the config. on a Les Paul Classic.

General consensus:

On a pointy axe = good

On a Les Paul = ripe for change

Gotta love those crescent moon inlays on that V!

hell yeah

i see really no point in buying some signature editions or whatever .... i prefer to spend the extra thousands of $$ on some other studio/audio gear

i bet some of the SG of the same type must sound great as well.. i remember Guitar Central had them seelling for $600 or less..

Archived