Gibson Brands Forums

"Scene Metal" WTF????!!!???

MojoRedFoot

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cruzn...

Depends on how the hand is placed - but believe me' date=' there's a major diff. Ever notice when women make a fist, unless they started kick-punch martial arts in childhood, and I've known somewhat more than a few such, their index finger sticks out a bit in front of the other fingers because it won't quite curl with the others.

That's why I normally trained women, especially, to break boards and <chuckle> stuff with hand techniques other than with a "punch." That's also a good idea for males striking hard surfaces bare handed - don't forget "boxing gloves" were invented not to protect the target so much as the hands of the striker. <grin>

OTOH, it normally for some reason was much easier to teach women to pull the toes back to get a kick with the ball of the foot - or to sit in a traditional seiza posture for various sorts of training.

m

[/quote']

Milo, I'm sure you're right. However, no matter how I hold either hand, with the fingers together, extended, the ring and index finger on either hand are of equal length. The social finger is substantially longer and the index fingers are kinda twisted (damn, when did that happen?) If anything at all, the left index may be a smidgen longer than the left ring. At this point I'm not gonna let it change my life. Always on the alert for opportunity, though. :-k

Archived