Gibson Brands Forums

Where do I find a HSC for 1948 a Gibson LG-1?

Jim Bowman

Your best bet is to purchase a hard shell case for a concert size guitar at Musician Friend or your local music store. I'm not too sure I've ever seen a hard shell case for a LG1. The LG1 was a originally a student model, which means some corners were cut to keep its price down. Personally, at vintage guitar shows I've only seen vintage soft shell chip board cases or original pseudo alligator cases accompanying LG1's (or similarly sized LG0's, LG2's or LG3's). I know Gibson recently issued some replica LG models primarily for Japan sales...those might have hard shell Gibson cases with them (as the reissues weren't marketed as lower priced student models any longer)...but, I'm not sure. But, if that's so, I doubt you'd find a case separated from its new LG model at this point in their limited re-issuance. If you're looking for simply a hard shell case for it, though, again a new "concert" size guitar model case should fit it fine from any of the case manufacturers.

I have a '65 LG1 with its original chip board case that I keep thinkin' I'll replace one of these days with a new hard shell case along the lines I've mentioned. Simply to better protect the instrument.

Hope this helps.

QM

Thanks. I was looking for a period hsc case but maybe they don't exist. However, there may be a case for an LG-2 around somewhere. I have the original chipboard case but it is about to fall apart.

I may have to find a concert size new case and go with that. Thanks.

Jim

If you want a period correct case, put a saved search on eBay, some pop up now and again. Also call around to some of the well known dealers who carry vinatge gear. You may pay a premium, but your chances of getting one are better.

Good luck...

If you want a period correct case' date=' put a saved search on eBay, some pop up now and again. Also call around to some of the well known dealers who carry vinatge gear. You may pay a premium, but your chances of getting one are better.

Good luck...[/quote']

Thanks Dennis. I'll try that.

Jim

Archived