Gibson Brands Forums

Taking the Plunge On a J-45

lockjawdavis

Taylor man hos's about you post some pics of that (Dare I say it?) strat that I legitimatley drooled over.

Hijack all the way.

lol.... you must mean my partscaster. It is a solid mahogany body with a open pore finish similar to a french polish. It has Custom shop Texas Specials for pickups which I love and the neck is a 70's large headstock' date=' bullet truss style maple neck. I love the neck the most. It is a hardtail so no routing for a tremolo which makes it a bit on the heavy side but I don't mind. It has a beautiful tone through my Fender Blues Jr.

Here are some photos as requested.... (sorry for the hijack... back to discussing the merits of the wonderous J45!!!)

[img']http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd219/lofapco/StratBJ.jpg[/img]

CustomStrat3.jpg

CustomStrat4.jpg

CustomStrat6.jpg

Hello lockjawdavis!

I got a new J-45 True Vintage from Sweetwater on Dec 10, the day before my b'day and it is a SUPERB guitar. Was not too eager to buy online, but I had played the same model locally, but didn't want to pay the $$, so spent a lot of time on the phone with the sales guy, assuring him I'd send it back if it wasn't up to snuff. It came right on time, to Oregon from Ft Wayne. Was well set-up, played easily right out of the case and has been getting better every single day since. Nothing bad to say, except that the case is kinda cheesy for that money...vintage replica aside, it's cheaply made and the lid doesn't fit well. But the guitar is a definite classic. Sustain increases every time I pick it up. The trebles are starting to really sing now, after a couple of days of being a little 'damped' sounding. I have a recent AJ re-issue and I play the two 'slopes' in rotation and it's cool. If you get a J-45 you won't be sorry. I played the Traditional version and it was a very good guitar, so I don't really think you need to go the extra money to get the TV. I like the Adirondack top and the period vibe and didn't want electrics. If you find a J-45 you like, buy it. They only get better!

Good hunting!

nedsouth

I've bought all (4) of my guitars online and haven't had a problem. The latest, a J-45 TV, is my favourite - brilliant in every way. The shop I got it from was a 'real' shop which set it up before they sent it. I always think if they have a returns policy they're not going to send out a dud.

[confused]

lol.... you must mean my partscaster. It is a solid mahogany body with a open pore finish similar to a french polish. It has Custom shop Texas Specials for pickups which I love and the neck is a 70's large headstock' date=' bullet truss style maple neck. I love the neck the most. It is a hardtail so no routing for a tremolo which makes it a bit on the heavy side but I don't mind. It has a beautiful tone through my Fender Blues Jr.

Here are some photos as requested.... (sorry for the hijack... back to discussing the merits of the wonderous J45!!!)

[img']http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd219/lofapco/StratBJ.jpg[/img]

CustomStrat3.jpg

CustomStrat4.jpg

CustomStrat6.jpg

<drools> never gets old

Archived