Gibson Brands Forums

Favorite Way to Spend New Year's Eve

SGplayer1994

I wish I could know what you all mean about the gigs. I'm just not getting very far with my band[/i]. Maybe someday.......hopefully lol.

Well, it's not very far, to the local Bar/Grill or small club, right? Get some songs polished, enough for a couple/three

sets, and go for it! Any opportunity, to play and get that experience, is worth it...IMHO. The Beatles started

in coffee bars and Strip clubs! So...???

Hang in there!

CB

Hahaha I'm only 15 I won't be playing in the clubs anytime soon. I'm working on it, the main problem I keep running into is that their parents are devout Christians and therefore they can't play many good rock songs. Aside from a few Guns n' Roses songs, and original material, we don't have much in common. I love playing Ozzy and Metallica and AC/DC, but they like to play Creed and some Christian hard rock music. Unfortunately, I don't live in a very big city and there aren't many decent and talented musicians to work with around here. Guess I just need to try to work with what I've got. I have literally only played one song in front of a lot of people, and it was Paradise City at a Super Bowl celebration at a church. Not my idea of a gig lol.

Archived