Gibson Brands Forums

Virtuoso Polish on my faded LP... Finally!!!

GuitarJunkie

I also have a faded std in HCSB. I have thought of removing all the parts as you have done but wonder what it would like if I had it coated with nitro clear coat instead. Has anyone thought or had their faded painted with nitro? Would it look weird or become much like a normal standard? Just wondering if it is wise to put a notro coat on a faded. Sorry to deviate a bit out the topic.

Is that possible? Where would you take the guitar to do something like that?

I'm considering doing what you did on my Studio Faded. Just have one question: What do you mean with it no longer having the satin finish? Is the satin finish that makes it look dull? I though that the satin finish was what made the faded slightly (just slightly) shiny...

Well, it will still be a satin finish. It will just be glossier than what you started with.

woww you can really note the difference man.. it looks really awesome.. but is my gibson LP classic a nitro or a satin or i dont know finish? :)

Nitro is one thing - the color basically and you would have nitro. The finish that's applied over that can be glossy or semi-glossy (satin).

Archived