Gibson Brands Forums

Electronics / Effect pedal question.

LPguitarman

Ok, here's the story. I did some cleaning on my son's pedal board last night. After I was done he tried it and there is a definite "power drain" now only when he goes through the pedal board. I had him go straight into the amp and there is no problem. He checked all of the patch cords and all of the pedals have power. All of the effects work but with significant power loss.

I will double check all of the patch cords myself tonight, but in the mean-time, can anyone tell me what happened??? [biggrin]

Sorry, there was a typo in my original post. It should read he tried it not dried it. I will edit the post.

All I did was use a shop vac to clean the rough velcro base on the board. I didn't use any kind of liquid. Liquids and electronics don't play well tegether. I didn't even move any pedals, just cleaned a little between and around them. I'm stumped.

Problem solved. It was his new Morley volume pedal that he just got for Christmas. The volume feature was working but somehow it was draining the signal. We took it back to GC and exchanged it for another one.

When I got home from work, it was sitting on the table, so he had already done some more trouble shooting. Glad I didn't have to go through all of the patch cords again.

Thanks for everyone's comments.

Archived