Gibson Brands Forums

Maggie Gyllenhaal Plugs Gillian Welch

Greg Ferguson

I'm pumped about "Crazy Heart" opening here in Colorado this Friday. Jimmy Fallon had Maggie Gyllenhaal on as a guest tonight (Monday). She made a point to mention Bobby Gentry, Iris Dement, and Gillian Welch as great artists. Props to Maggie. I love those three ladies, so I might go jump off a bridge :-)

Posted in case you are interested, and the video might be available on the show's Web site.

I'm watching the listings here in Calgary. I'm going to see it even if I have to crawl there on my hands and knees through 40 feet of snow and ice. I'm glad to see Gil and Dave finally getting the fame they deserve. They've written so many great songs. Didja know that Kathy Mattea's 455 Rocket is a Gil & Dave song?

I'm pumped about "Crazy Heart" opening here in Colorado this Friday.

I saw it last weekend. Very good film featuring fine perfomances by Jeff bridges and Maggie. The music was excellent (though not always convincingly lip synched). A nice, old J45 was featured throughout. The audience I saw the film with really seemed to like it, and many stayed all though the credits.

Red 333

Archived