Gibson Brands Forums

Amp Cabinet

retrosurfer1959

Got tired of tripping over amps and cables as everybody knows I like the small amp they are making now so I own a few. Storage was getting to be a issue so I had a cabinet company come in and do a whole wall in the music room in cabinets like they build in garages not furniture but large locking cabinets to put gear away. Here is a photo of the cabinet built for the Amps had enough power put in so they are all plugged in and ready to play and the cabinets are two foot deep and have air circulation fans behind the amps so heats not a issue so what do you think? all you do is open the double doors turn on your amp or amps and start playing.

IMG_0440.jpg

Out of the Amps in that cabinet the Egnater and the Vox Night train are my favorites it hard to beat the flexibility and function of the Rebel, Bruce came up with a hell of a design on that little amp. The Vox is a much more defined Amp with a very distinctive sound all it's own but what a sound a Vox low powered amp that has the distinct and rich Vox tone hard to beat. My two favorite small amps are in a different cabinet thoug a dAAb Tupelo Honey and a Car Raleigh. And if you go mid size than my 74 Marshall 18 and the Fender 57 can't be beat.

Archived